Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A New Area

August 5, 2014

Dear family

   This week has been wet. It rained and thundered almost everyday. Not a lot happened this week. But that's ok, because we got a baptism on Saturday. That will be number 4. Not to brag, but the mission average was 6. I'm ahead of the curve. Welp... That's all i got.

Dear Nick
    Thank you for the email. Is dad working you hard for football? The rodeo sounds fun. You're going to be ten when I get back. TEN. That's all Your fingers. Weird. Love you bro and make sure you're an awesome...What position do you play anyway?

Dear Ryan
   Hows football? Your collarbone letting you play now? It's august. That means school starts soon. How crazy is that? You're gonna be a senior. That means you're in your last year before your mission. I would write you about relevant things, but you didn't write me this week so....Yeah. Have you acquired any new games or movies that you love? How is the world of normal people?  

Dear Dawson
   How much do you weigh? based on some pictures and what Dad tells me, you should be nearly 200lbs. That should make you a good lineman...Or linebacker. have you ever thought about upgrading?

Dear Dad
   That beach sounds super fun. At first I missed things like TV and Video games and worldly stuff.   Now I miss hanging out with you guys. My companion is great but he's only one person and I never get a break from him. For family history work, I just browse to see how far back you can get. I did find one line that went back to Adam though.

Dear Mom
   It's a shame that papa joe is getting old, but he is as healthy as an ox. He'll do fine. I miss family reunions. Do you have a list of all the people I might know who are going on missions? i'm just curious. No one from outside the family has emailed me. I'm not bitter though. How are the boys handeling going back to school? ...i miss school. anyway, love you.

I love and miss you all. letting you know, you are in my prayers.
Elder Erasmus


July 28, 2014

Dear family
   
   The people of London are very... open. I've learned more about most of our investigators than i care to know. My companion is also an interesting character. He talks almost exactly like Jerry Sienfield. It's actually been really chilly this week. I thought that the humidity would destroy me but i guess not. probably one of the funniest things that happened this week was I asked an old women why the sewers were constantly smoking. Her response."Well the people in London are so hott, that their poop is just too funky fresh." She was in her sixties and we were having dinner. fun right? This  is also a pretty fun ward. the first counselor does nothing but makes puns over the pulpit. They asked us to speak yesterday at church. with five minutes notice, I did a pretty good job. it was better than the guy who talked after me. he gave a talk on how to survive the apocalypse. like I said, fun ward.

Dear Ryan
   The rock isn't known for his acting, he just makes jokes on how big his biceps are. Also, we have a drive in? since when? High adventure sounds like fun. I wouldn't mind getting a calling to work with the young men when I get back. Have fun and remember to drink lots of water. 

Dear Dawson
   It is important to remember that you need to bring alot of candy on these trips. Not for eating, but for ammo. I can promise you that you will get into food fights on this hike. love ya.

Dear Nick
     Sounds like you got some sweet stuff from Shelby. It also sounds like you got into a fight. You should share some details with me. Besides that, how are you liking football? Dad working you hard? love bud.

Dear dad
   That Ryan has always been good at talking his way out of a situation. The baptism statistic isn't higher here than other parts of the mission. We just always go through finding teaching baptizing cycles. right now we're in the teaching part, so that's good. The weather has been cooler here, but i thought that was because of the super cold winter. The great lakes did completely freeze over after all. Is nick having a good time with football? Did he beat the other kid? Isn't he doing karate? Anyway, love you .

Dear Mom
  That wasn't my companion. We were on exchanges so i brought the Spanish speaker to our dinner appointment. My companion is a bigger guy who actually played the phantom in phantom of he opera. And yes, I have given myself my last two haircuts. I'm getting pretty good at it. It still doesn't feel like Shelby REALLY moved to arizona. I just can't picture it. She'll probably have moved back by the time I get home. love you

I love and miss every last one of you.
   Elder Erasmus









July 21, 2014

Dear Family
    I'm in london and it is SO  weird. Every last one of our investigators, formers, and potentials have some form of law of chastity issues. There are "exotic" shops on every corner, and the SEWERS WILL NOT STOP SMOKING!!! I'm pretty sure that there is something messed up in the water. We tried several different stores and could not find a water filter. I take that as evidence. The plus side, our apartment is super nice. It's on the eleventh floor and over looks the city. It has the comfiest couches I have ever sat on and it's own washer and dryer. That is a big deal to missionaries. All in all a pretty weird area. My companion, Elder Hicks is the district leader. I haven't had a leadership companion since elder Olsen. He's a pretty cool guy, except for the fact he's dying of a cold. Who gets a cold in the middle of summer? I don't know why I've been transferred so much. The missionary who was here last was here for nearly seven months. She actually came out with me. Maybe I just need to see more of Ontario?
Dear Nick
  I never actually been on the alpine coaster. I have been on the alpine slide though. I used to try to go so fast that the board thing would fly off the track. I never got burned though. Sounds like you guys crammed your entire summer vacation into one week. Must be fun. Have fun at swimming lessons. Love you.
Dear Dawson
   Did the flip at least look cool? I can't believe the new smash bros is already coming out. Your going to have over a year's worth of practice on me. Why was the football in the parade? My guess would be that corner canyon is the only high school in draper.  Stay frosty my friend.
Dear Ryan
   BROSTER!!!! Love ya dawg. So you're back in the football lineup, eh? Have they had the first game yet? You're going to be fine. How was all this crazy adventuring I've been hearing about? Did you beat dawson in the race? If he beat you and got a road rash than you need to step up your game. Is the monkey movie on the list of things I need to see when I get back, or only on the list of things i might see? stay gold ponyboy. love ya.
Dear Dad
   When things got hairy back home, I tried to just be nice to everyone. Don't get mad at people for being mean and don't baby people who have been put down. I don't know how well that applies in your situation. I can't believe Shelby is moving. I still don't feel like it is really happening. Time is one weird thing. I feel like the transfers go by like weeks, but the weeks feel like months. I'll be praying for you.
Dear Mom
   Jordyn is going on a mission? Man, everyone is going on a mission. It sounds like the family might be in some struggle. I know the missionary in me is the only reason I'm saying this, but do you guys have nightly prayer and scripture study? That has helped more investigators than I care to mention. Trek was fun. I wasn't the only one who pushed the cart, but it felt like it sometime. The pioneers had some hard time. I guess my mission is just another trek for my life. Love you and miss you.
>Sincerely Elder Erasmus.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment