Tuesday, July 15, 2014

WOW - I really need to keep Nathan's Blog updated

July 13, 2014



​So I found that I can send one picture a week. Here's a picture of me with a scythe. The field is white and ready for harvest!


July 13, 2014

Dear Family
  
   I would like to inform you that I am leaving Bowmanvile Oshawa and heading over to london....London Ontario anyway. Almost as cool. I actually have kind of an important question. Do you guys have the balance for my card? Or my pin number? I've been using it for stuff and I just don't want to run out. I am getting transferred, but that means I might be able to send pictures next week. Yay. Type you next week

love Elder Erasmus

July 13, 2014
Dawson's taller than dad. Dawson's taller than DAD! DAWSON'S TALLER THAN DAD!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!



  

July 7, 2014

Dear Family

    We met the new mission president. He's totally a hippie. He's from California, he surfs, He plays acoustic guitar. The only problem with this theory is that he's a world famous gynecologist. He delivers babies. I spent my fourth of July on exchanges with my district leader. He's Canadian....Yay. I did use those little poppers i brought with me. And you said they would be confiscated, HA! I don't remember if I told you this, we have been taking  jujitsu as a way to find investigators and i am almost at my second stripe. HOORA!  That's pretty much my week....Oh, and we had a baptism. 

Dear Dad
    Oupa says you're having some health issues. Is this true? If so, you should tell me so I know what to pray for. As a missionary, I have that kind of pull. Your holiday sounds fun. To be honest, the mink creek experience is fun but I just wouldn't mind a change every now and again. Can David still walk? It sounds like he broke his back? I guess batman broke his back and was able to climb out of a prison pretty easily. I will pray for you regardless. love ya

Dear Nick
  Canoeing sounds fun, but a fish. I hate fish. It was nice of you to donate a few things to David. you're such a nice guy. I really wish I could send you pictures but the library won't let me. I'm sorry. Still love you though.

Dear Dawson
WASSUP!!!!!!! I can do it too. Sounds rough having to do flags. I don't think I ever had to do flags on the fourth. Hope you work hard this summer. I can't believe a freshman has to go up against seniors. Have I told you how crazy that is? Love ya.

Dear Ryan
  I'm not sure I like the less linear approach. If you don't have to beat dungeon A to beat Dungeon B, than that means you don't have to use the item/power up from dungeon A either. That means the dungeons will become more isolated and less Progressive. I would much more prefer the linear dungeon system...but that's just me. What do you think? Also, Why do you keep getting grounded. Either you're not learning anything or mom is just on your case. Which is it? I hope you're able to still decimate in football. Love you.

Dear mom
   We actually had this one lesson with a women who said " I was actually planning to move to Utah to meet some Mormons. I didn't know there were any up here. They just have such high standards and I want to be a part of that." Pretty cool, eh? Other than that, the week wasn't too terribly interesting. Are You and Ryan still butting heads? maybe we all need to take some deep breaths and think about how bad the situation actually is. Love you.

Love you all sincerely Elder Erasmus 

June 30, 2014

Dear family
    Our mission president died this week. (That is code for going home) Our new leader is president Clayton. There's a storm coming. He's rumored to be so different than president Scott, that he will ban tracting. I don't know how i feel about this. We were able to get out of a few service activities this week, so we have more time to go finding now. That's good, right?
  We have been doing a bit more finding this week than last.  Elder Yo wants to do some purification challenge. That sounds like the worst thing I ever heard of, but he won't listen to me. I am not looking forward to that. 

Dear Nick
  I have played judges. It was one of my favorite things to play during recess.  It also sounds like you are a little bowling champion. How did you get to be so good anyway? Aren't angry birds epic enough? Anyway, I love you and hope you have fun playing football. 

Dear Dawson
   Are you a punk? Don't be a punk. Punks get in trouble. It's cool that you're already are on the football team. And only a freshman too. Anyway, I think you're awesome. Love you bro.

Dear Ryan
   So what game are you the most excited for? I remember we would always be talking about e3 for days. It's a good thing that you're starting to feel better. You'll be catching balls in no time.....No homo. Dad says you want a scooter. Don't get a scooter. scooters are lame. Love ya bro.

Dear Mom
   Sometimes you play on things for thirty minutes, sometimes an hour. Kids are weird like that. This week is also canada day. Canada seems to like taking american holidays and moving them ever so slightly so they can call them canadian. thanksgiving, boxing day, and now canada day. It's slightly frustrating.To answer your question about the mission spirit, I don't even know. I don't feel different. I've baptized three people and the mission average is five, so there's that. Anyway love ya. wish jacob well for me.

Sincerely Elder Erasmus

June 23, 2014

Dear Family.

  Weird week this week. The other elders in our district were having their tile done so they had to crash at our place for the week. We have a VERY tiny apartment by the way. But it was fun having more people to hang out with. It was basically a slumber party. We also have been doing alot of service. The sisters that were before us basically sold us out for slave labor for the next few months. Whoohoo. I have actually had a reason to wash my jeans this week. It's weird. Any way...

Dear Nick
  Thank you for spoiling the movie. I appreciate that, really. How is football going? What position do you play? Are You x'd? Dad says you just started. I didn't start until I was 11...I had a terrible time. Don't worry you get used to it and eventually enjoy it. Love you bud.

Dear Ryan
  E3. Tell me about it. I know it happened, Elder Yo's sister emailed him about. If video games are all you're doing right now, then share the love. You'll play, don't worry about it. you broke your back and were back in a couple of weeks, remember. just keep on keeping on. Love ya

Dear Dawson
  Mountain jam, sounds fun. How did it go. I hear john bytheway gave a talk. He's basically the missionary equivalent to Brian Reagan.  Good luck with your basketball. You could tell me about e3 too if you want. Kinda desperate for info on the new zelda. love you bro

Dear Dad
   Talked at a prison? Sounds creepy. I'm sure the people there all have wonderful testimonies and all that, but prison is a scary place. If you ever want to find something fun about church history, look up j. golden kimbal, president of the seventy. I have no idea how he got that position but he did. Love you pops.

Dear Mom
   So many missionaries. I know this the most cliche thing to say, but I really miss my momma's home cooking. I can't send pictures. The library computers won't let me. You guys are in my prayer's though. I love you.

Cordially yours 
Elder Erasmus

June 16, 2014

Hey guys
  How's it going? This week has been pretty crazy. We actually had a sleep over at our apartment because the other elders were getting their tile done. Apparently they are moving out next transfer and so their redoing things. We also were in charge of a mini mtc youth activity. We ran them through all the drills we did and had elder yo pretend to be an investigator. Pretty nifty. On top of that, we were also put in charge of a single adult conference. We originally were going with a family history and temple work angle, but that idea was so inspired that the stake patriarch had it too. We changed it to missionary work a two days before it happened. We came up with this brilliant idea of making candles and doing the "let your light so shine" bit with missionary work. Two things I learned. The closest place to buy candle wax is on the other side of the zone which is an hour away, and wax is very VERY hard to clean up. It was fun though. This week we just did so much service activities it was kinda training.

Dear Dawson.  
    Sounds like you had a fun time at your football camp. You're going to be a freshman right? It's so weird that 9th graders are now in high school. I just have one more question." a ken dama their way" what does this even mean? you are awesome and I love you.

Dear Nick
  I remember when I went to sport camp at dimpell dell. I also remember doing karate. You should do karate. Beg mom to let you do karate. DO IT. What grade are you going into this year? 4th right? You all are so big. Love you.

Dear Ryan.
   It's ok. I didn't want a letter from you this week anyway. I don't care. I DON'T! But seriously. I just realized it's june. You know what happens in june? E3 that's what. I'll be home  next year for christmas. I need to know what i need to ask for. Infact, give nate tripp my email and have him email pictures and stuff. You are my connection to the real world. i need you. I miss you. Love ya

Dear Dad
  I wasn't really bumbed last week I just needed someone to vent at. I'm doing fine. We definitely mixed things up this week. How are things on the homefront? Everybody playing nice? When is treck by the way? I thought it was this year. Is Ryan just moping around the house? He can still do things with a broken shoulder. Love ya

Dear Mom
  Is he really only 145? I would have thought he'd bulk up by now. Going to disney world would be fun. Maybe we could have another family reunion like the north Carolina trip. We have to wait for zach and grandmother to get back... and ryan...and sam. Everybody's going to be gong! When will we have everybody home again? Now I'm stressed. Love you.

Elder Erasmus 


June 9, 2014

Dear family
   
   I am now stationed in bowmanville east side. It's pretty cool. My new companion is Elder Yo. I can't pronounce is name so I just use yo. He's a convert of about two and a half year and half of that has been on his mission. he's been out about five months longer than i have. He's basically the polar opposite of elder Ward. He doesn't tract and we spend all our time trying to work with the members. I get that is the smarter way to work, but if the ward doesn't want to help it feels pretty pointless. I get to drive again, so that's a plus. The area didn't really let me enjoy the first week though. The only investigator the sisters had was not interested at all and slightly less accountable. by the way, our apartment is tiny. literally, one room. This getting way too negative so i'm just gonna into my individual letters now.

Dear Nick
   I remember how fun field day was. we would always manage to turn everything into a huge water fight. it sounds like the house is going to be pretty empty this week. At least that means you get the tv and computer all to yourself. By the way, you're not gonna get any pictures for awhile. We don't have a family history center in our chapel and the library computers are stopping me from uploading my stuff...Sorry. love ya bro.

Dear Dawson
   It sounds like you're the flyest shiz on the block. Starting football as a freshman. Super duper dope. However, I am concerned over that comment you made about makeout city. At your age, kissing is only a spectator sport. Don't play it till you're at least seventeen. Other than that, have fun with high school. Love ya.

Dear Ryan
   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! How did you manage to break your shoulder? I'm sorry for laughing but that picture mom sent was just too good. Don't worry though. You've broken worst things and still managed to get back in the game. I'll bet you'll be suited up to play in a month.  I'll be praying for you. love ya

Dear Mom
  Alma 8 14... I think? It's the one where an angel give Alma the younger a pep talk.
How's Ryan taking the whole "broken" thing? I bet the house will stay slightly cleaner at least, Without all the stanky equipment and all that. I don't know what to tell you about primary. Maybe start giving out treats, but after a few weeks stop giving them treats if they're not reverent. I don't know, that's why I was never in primary. Well I hope you have fun with just nick in the home. Love ya.

Sincerely Elder Erasmus


June 2, 2014

Dear family
  
   Well, I'm officially getting transferred. We are actually getting white washed so we have to put the apartment in order. It's gonna be a rather short email today. Tanya's getting baptized on the 8th, I leave the 3rd. Super. What else happened this week? I made a cake. But I forgot to use oven mits when I took it out of the oven I am so smart guys. Canada also got a nation wide stake conference on Sunday. President Eyring and Elder Holland spoke from Vancouver and it was broadcast-ed  all over the north. One more cool story, We got pulled over by a cop because Elder Ward pulled an illegal u turn. Luckily we were able to play the ignorant american card and got off without a ticket. fun stuff. We are going to the zoo today with a member, so I'll probably send pics next week.  love you guys a ton. 

Elder Erasmus


May 26, 2014

Dear Family
   You know how allergy season starts in April down there? Well here it's the end of May. My face feels like there is a giant slug where my brain used to be and the mucus is seeping out every hole it can find. Super fun. Also to add to the super swell time I have been having, we spent one day building a shed for a recent convert. That wouldn't be so bad except that her backyard is the source of all mosquitoes in the world. I don't think there is a spot of skin that hasn't been bitten. Other than that, this week went great. We got to go see a concert... Kinda. it was a charity concert. It was also a fiddle concert. Neither me nor elder ward like fiddles, so it wasn't incredibly fun, but hay. A concert is a concert. It's the last week of the transfer, so things are gonna be either more relaxed or hectic depending on it goes. That's my week anyway.

Dear Nick
   When did you learn how to ride a bike? I could have sworn you still had training wheels when I left. I've been playing alot of tennis. maybe I'll play you when I get back. You'll probably win though...I'm not very good.  want to be the zombies when we play though. Are You gonna do anything fun this summer? You're old enough for cub scout camp now, aren't you. I always had fun there. Love ya bud.

Dear Ryan
   As long as your a humble tennis player... Why are there so many people playing tennis all of a sudden? Also, I'll ways be there to support you. I'll be right here(You can't see me but I'm pointing to your heart). Can you play football with your table induced injury? anyway, have a good summer...nard dawg.

Dear Dawson
   What the snot is a kendoma? Is it candy? Is it chewy? Can you share it with your friends? How many come in a package? If I eat all of them, will I get fat? These are the questions of the soul. Sucks about you loosing your championship game and all. But now you get to do a real man's sport. FOOTBALL. Right? I never know what kind of attitude  we have about sports. Hope you have fun with whatever it is you decide to do. Love ya.

Dear Mom
   I'm  fine. The collapsing thing was just a one time event. Also I'm pretty sure demons were behind it. Sounds like the kids had fun at park city. I think that is one of the things I missed the most. I'll be there in a few years though. Why are so many people going on missions. I know it's what we're supposed to do, but still weird that everyone is leaving. I miss you guys and hope pray for you. How did Nick do at his mathbowl thing anyway?

Elder Erasmus 


May 19, 2014

Dear Erasmus Family
   This week has been a fun week. I went on exchanges with Elder Olsen on Friday. Everything was going fine...Until I collapsed in the middle of a lesson. We were standing at the porch of one of their investigators when all of a sudden, I became very dizzy and lost consciousnesses. The weird part was that I was completely deaf for about forty seconds before and after that. Weird. You may have noticed that I am writing you on a Tuesday instead of Monday. The reason for this is that this was actually a holiday weekend in Canada where they celebrate the queen's birthday. Our mission president thought since so many people won't be at work, it would be the perfect time to tracting and find people. Unfortunately nobody actually stays home for the holidays, so maybe three people actually opened their doors all weekend. Our most progressing investigator at the moment is named Tanya. She has been to church twice and is super interested. Strange, as when we first met her I thought she was going to be one of those one lesson and drop investigator. I guess the spirit is just plain old smarter than me. Weird week...
Dear Nick
   Sounds like you had a fun week too. Are you bummed that lacrosse is over? I don't really understand how you and Dawson got so smart. I sucked at math in highschool. There seems to be alot of new cool movies coming out. As long as you don't get too scared you should be fine. A little fear never hurt anyone. That video game sounds pretty fun. Is one person the plants and the other person the zombies or are they both plants? When I see something interesting I'll take a picture for you, but most of the stuff here seems pretty mundane. love ya bro.
Deae Dawson.
  WELL THANKS FOR SPOILING THE MOVIE!!! That's the kinda thing you don't talk about till after the person has seen it. Are you gonna win the playoffs? You should. All you have to do is believe in yourself. YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVEEEEE!!!! Lots of yelling in this email... Anyway. I'll be praying for you to win the big game. Lots of love
Dear Ryan
  Yeah, they're totally gonna let you take a her girl to the hotel... I wish I could smack you through the internet. You got to bring sam with you last time so they should let you bring some other friend. Shame about your lacrosse game, but you can't win them all. But now you get to get ready for a real man's sport, FOOTBALL... Do we still like football? I don't know. Best wishes
Dear Dad
   Sounds rough. That is alot of pills too. At least you're feeling better...right?
 It sounds like you guys have been having fun though. especially with the weather. It's been raining here almost everyday. A bit warmer but I still have to wear my sweater. who was the villian in the new spiderman movie? I've heard the green goblin, electro, rhino, and misterio. Xmen also was one of the movies I was most looking forward to before I left. So tell me if it's good or not. Love ya
Dear mom
   You went through my stuff. Not cool. I'm doing fine with clothes and I'll buy things if I need them don't worry. The yard sounds like it might be struggling. I actually kinda miss mowing a little. The only yard work I've done this spring was shoveling frozen dirt into wheelbarrels. That was fun. Well, another week has come and gong and I must bid you farewell. Elder Erasmus

No comments:

Post a Comment