Thursday, December 11, 2014

Catching Up ...Serving with the Prince, Parasites - Oh MY!, The Gift, a new Companion from the Philippines, Visiting Gotham

Dec 8, 2014

Dear Family

 Soooo. You know where I spent my weekend? IN GOTHAM!!! well kinda. The batman movies were filmed in a place called hamilton ontario. And since Elder Canlas had to take an english test for  four hours in toronto, I got to hang out with the zone leaders there. You know why/ BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!!! Seriously though, you know how in the first movie the asylum let loose all the crazies? That is a true story. there was a mental hospital here that lost all it's funding and now there are literally hundreds of crazy people wondering the streets everyday. We didn't do much finding that day. We have been doing a lot of service. It was fun. That has been pretty much my week.

Dear Nick
    I'm sorry you hurt your leg bud. How did you do it? But hey, sounds like you had a fun time with dad. Just would like to fix one mistake in your story. You and dad went to shop for parts to MY car. I do indeed have parasites, well at least I did. the doctor gave me pills that I'm pretty sure killed them off. Love you buddy.

Dear Dawson
    Sounds like you're still a champ at lacrosse. Keep it up. You know, you don't give me a ton of info when we email... But hey Vegas. That sounds dope. Niagara falls is kinda like the vegas of canada. We don't go there often. Love you bud. Hope you have a happy christmas.

Dear Ryan
   I always listen to the prophet....I mostly listen to the prophet at least. I do remember your friends. But for a christmas list you should do something that is easy to get but may be of a different variety than what mom and dad thought. like an in and out burger that has four patties. that's what I would ask for. Love you bro.

Dear Mom
   I kinda watched the christmas devotional. The satellite broadcast was having issues so we only saw about a third of each talk. I liked what i did see though. Are you sure you want to send it to the apartment? That is a little sketchy. If it isn't a big package it might be safe but we have a very tiny mail box. But i like christmas miracles. I'm sorry to hear about Dad's leg. How many surgeries has he had on that anyway? love you mom. 

Dear Dad
   Look forward to talking to you on christmas. Since when did we have a hymn writer living in our neighborhood? You'd think someone would bring that up before my mission. I really don't know what else to say an my companion is giving me the we got to go look. love you pops

I love and miss you all

Elder Erasmus


Dec 1, 2014

Dear Family 

    So this week all the missionaries went to brampton for a special conference. It was really good. We were instructed on the "He is the Gift" initiative. Just go to christmas.mormon.org and they put out this cool video to help people remember the true meaning of Christmas. That was good. We also had an early christmas present from president clayton. We got to see meet the mormons. That was REALLY good. After the conference we had a pretty standard week. One thing I did discover. I have parasites. I told people about what I found but since I had no symptoms I was confused as was the doctor. He gave me a bunch of pills that he said would get rid of them but would definitely cause uncomfortable side effects. I'm out of pills now and have no side effects. I'm pretty sure I am invincible. Other than that, standard week.

Dear Nick
   Ice skating is alot of fun. Sounds like thanksgiving was a good time. Did you get your hamster as a baby or was grown? I forgot. Would you believe that I completely forgot that thanksgiving was this week? My companion is from the Philippines and he reminded me. They don't even have thanksgiving over there! Any, miss you buddy. Love ya

Dear Dawson
   How did you break your stick? Were you just whacking people too hard? It seems like you have been working out since I have seen you last. Did you have fun during the football game? Naked babies are always fun for the holidays. Have fun with your lax practice and keep being awesome. Love you dude

Dear Ryan
   My toes always poked over the edge of my board a little bit. i'm sure it is not a big deal that you need new gear. So dad tells me that you are pretty much the fastest person alive. Congrats. You're not dating the same girl over and over again are you? Keep the possibilities open my friend. Also the prophet told us not to steady date. Just keep being the super duper dope brother you have always been. Love you bro

Dear dad
   Just because Shelby is an adult doesn't mean she can just do what she wants...Does it? I was an adult for almost a year and I still had to do what I was told. Sounds like you need more even teams for football. How many points did you actually score? I don't think you know this, but I have never ever had j-dawgs. That didn't become a thing into after I left. Still love you though.

Dear Mom
  They only thing I really need for Christmas is gloves. I had a pair last year, but I lost them sometime in February. No one actually had us over for thanksgiving. I didn't even remember till we came home that night and my companion was looking at his calendar. We did have some interesting times though. If you want the boys to remember the christmas season for christ, just show them the video from the website mentioned above. It's good...Or maybe that I've just watched joseph smith prophet of the restoration so many times anything different is a good video to me. Either way, love you.

I love and miss you all

Elder Erasmus


November 24, 2014

Dear family

    So this week has been an adventure. On the way to meet my new companion we got in a car accident. Elder Lowry rammed into the back of this women's car and the entire front is messed up. It's still drivable. Since Elder Lowry got transferred, I've been the one who has to deal with the repairs and everything despite the fact he was driving. I have definately introduced Elder Canlas to all the chevy dealer's in the area. On a more positive note, we had stake conference this week. It was all about temples and now I can't wait to come home and get married...Maybe that wasn't so positive. what was fun were the members who drove us. The had their grandfather with them.Although he doesn't have Alzheimer or dementia, he uses his age as an excuse to be ridiculous and childish. He is kinda my hero for that. My new companion's name is Elder Canlas. He's from the Philippines. He is a nice guy but a bit of a neat freak. 



Dear Nick

    That sounds like a fun movie. I have no idea what any of those words you used mean, but it sounds like a fun movie. It is indeed snowy up here. But it's no more snowy than its been for awhile, so no complaints. Are you pumped for the holidays? The mission president says we can't do any zone activities that day. He's pretty much been banning fun recently. But christmas always makes me happy. Love you sport.



Dear Ryan
   Roller disco? That came back? HOW DID THAT COME BACK?!? I miss snowboarding. I really didn't think I would miss it that much, but I really want to be on a mountain. There are no mountains in Ontario so anything related to them I want to do...Even jet ski the waves of kaibo. How do play with 8 players? The stages aren't that big. any way, Love you bro.

Dear Dawson
   No news? Oh well. I had a great week. I hope you had one too. Love you bud. I heard you had a football tournament. Was that Fun? were there cheerleaders there? Have fun buddy.

Dear Dad
   I'm sorry not everyone can feel comfortable climbing to precarious heights on rickety ladders. It seems like the holiday season is finally rolling around down there. Up here it's been Christmas since Halloween. I have indeed acquired a coat that keeps me nice and toasty. I do not know how water proof it is though... Anyway merry christmas and happy thanksgiving. Love you dad.

Dear mom
   Yay TREK!!!! Trek is fun. The pioneers had to walk across the fields and mountains for months with no breaks or medical assistance, Isn't it great that we can experience a fraction of that? It sounds like the heard is thinning quite a bit for the holidays. I promise I'll be there for next christmas if it makes you feel better. My new companion likes to cook and clean and is a real nice guy. Its hard for me to feel like I'm not taking advantage of him, but he just wants to serve me so bad...I don't know. Everything is going good in the falls. Love you mom.


I love and miss you all


Elder Erasmus


November 17, 2014

Dear Family

   So we had a few interesting experiences this week. First of all I tried to buy something with my home card only to find out it expired last month... That was embarrassing. How do I fix that by the way? We had the first snow fall of the year... Well first time it stuck around. We've been having the occasional flurries since September. Since the work in our area has been a tad slow lately, the zone decided they needed to blitz our area. We got a new investigator out of that. He's in the coastguard. That's pretty good. We also had interviews with the president. He has officially band all object lessons, flip books, and any material besides Preach My Gospel, and the scriptures. This includes analogies. I don't know how I feel about this since I teach almost exclusively analogies. But he's inspired and all that.

Dear Nick
   HAPPY BIRTHDAY....AGAIN! Sounds like you had a good party. I heard Uncle Greg got a new dog but I have yet to meet him. How are you doing in school? Also what do you want for christmas. I know thanksgiving comes first but they don't have that here. There are so many decorations around it's ridiculous. Love you bud

Dear Dawson
    How are you doing? Are you excited for lacrosse? I just want you to know that dad never taught me how to play poker. That's another card game you could kick my butt at. What has been your favorite new movie that has come out while I've been away? Interstellar sounds good, but you seem more the "captain america" type to me. Love you dude

Dear Ryan
   Sorry you didn't win, But you are still a champ in my book. Now you can focus on other things, Like dating and snowboarding. Those are truly respectable activities. Just remember that you are an awesome person. Love you bro

Dear Dad
   Commercials are good. Have you found the next antonio bandares? Also, how come you never taught me how to play poker? That would have been fun. The artic is here but i already survived once. BRING IT ON! anyway. The work here is getting better and I'm still alive and mostly not depressed. All is well in zion.Love you dad

Dear Mom
   I didn't get transfered, but the prince did. I'm picking up my new companion. He's a phippino fella. Don't remember his name. I took care of nala when she was there last. Who's doing it now? We haven't met with our investigator but thats only because she got sick. Other than that things are pretty status quo around here. Nothing new to report. Love you mom

I love and miss you all.

Elder Erasmus 

November 10, 2014
   
This week was fun. We did quite a bit of service and finding and stuff. We also went on exchanges. I went to stony creek with Elder Johnson. He is like 6'7 but he looks like he is twelve. He makes me feel incredibly tiny. It was weird. We found a good new investigator. She is only about thirty but she uses a sweet cane that looks like a foot. Pretty sweet. We also had Zone council this week. It was fun and all. Had the whole district lunch thing. The only problem is that we have very angry zone leaders. It keeps us on our toes.

Dear Nick
CHAMPIONS!!!! Way to go buddy. It sounds like you crushed them too. Thats good. I am also glad you now get to play with your hamster. And I don't care what they put bug guts into nerds, they are delicious and I enjoy them. I'm sorry I didn't write last week but I didn't get the letter till wright when I was about to leave. bummer right? Love you bud and I hope you have fun at your party.

Dear Dawson
  Alright lax champ. It's great you made the black hawks. Football is ending though. Does doing this black hawk thing take as much time as football? If not, what do you do for fun? Do you just hang out with your friends,what activities do you do? Anyway, getting checked out of school is always fun. Love ya dude.

Dear Ryan
   To answer your question from last week, If it's an alien dude with a gauntlet, it's probably thanos. He's this alien dude who has a crush on death so he tries reforging the infinity gauntlet. Do you remember that one danny phantom movie where that had gems in his gauntlet that allowed him to do anything? It's pretty much that. ANYWAY! Sounds like I might be writing the next state champs. Super sweet. And beating star fox is no small feat...unless you found out a way to do it in more than one sitting. anyway...again. love you champ and I hope you win.

Dear Dad
We had ward conference this week. our bishop gave a talk about star trek. Our bishop is interesting. The talk was on the kobiache moroe. No I don't know if that is spelled correctly. Anyway, its the thing from the first movie where it was impossible to pass then kirk cheated. He likened it unto our lives. We are in a situation where it is impossible for us to pass, but luckily we have The atonement which isn't a cheat, but does change our reality to be able to accomplish life. I liked it. So it seems like everyone is doing fine. That is good. Love you dad.

Dear Mom
We do get the ensigns. I'm sorry I didn't email last week, but I got the letter literally as I was walking out the door. I did get my contacts this week. I also hot glued my glasses together so that is how things have been with my eyes lately. Yay shelby and tim are moving back!...Am I an uncle yet? It's been like, a year. Any way love you mom

I love and miss you all.


Elder Erasmus

November 3, 2014

Dear Family
  So, I'm getting used to the fact my family doesn't love me...It's ok. I don't NEED to hear from them I guess. Anyway, This week was halloween. We don't really proselyte on halloween. We hide in the apartment and pray that the goblins and ghoulies can't get us. There just isn't anything productive we can do on halloween. Other than that we have had a very slow week. No much happened. My companion accidentally shaved his head. That was exciting. How have your lives been. If your not writing me because I made a wise crack about ryan's hair. I'm sorry. It looks nice honest and I bet it flows wonderfully in the wind. I miss you guys. Love you

 Elder Erasmus


October 27, 2014

Dear Family

A lot of interesting things happened this week. We had our primary program as well. One of the little girls jumped off the podium  after her thing. Children are just like sheep running over waterfalls and jumping off podiums. The teachers just stopped trying to stop them after a while. We also had the ward halloween party. We had a sixteen year old investigator there. His favorite past times were flirting with the young women and throwing cupcakes at the youth leaders...and us. Elder Lowry doesn't have halloween on the cook islands so he really didn't know how to feel about the whole thing. I had to explain the traditions and stuff to him. A member also decided to treat us and take us to a fancy restaurant. We of course, accepted. The sign said Japanese and Thai cuisine. It was sushi. Only sushi. My dearest family, have I ever told you about my irrational fear of fish. This was one fancy restaurant and I couldn't let them think that I wasn't gratefull. So I ate the fish. So much Fish. So much raw, uncooked, scaly, tentacley, Squirmy fish. AND I DID IT WITH A SMILE! 

Dear Nick
   Way to go on being number one in your league. I don't think you answered my question of why you couldn't hold your hamster. Was she too small or something? Your halloween outfit sounds cool. I will see you by next halloween. How weird is that? Love you bud.

Dear Ryan
  Do you wash your hair? It's longer than mine ever was and is honestly starting to look a tad greasy. I'm not saying you need a haircut, but you might want to think about having a trim here and there. On a more" your glad that I write you" note, YAY!!! REGIONAL CHAMPS!!! Your the big guy on campus now huh. I was also really digging your costume. I thought it was nice and retro. Keep being awesome bro.

Dear Dawson

   Sounds like you had a fun week too. Isn't it a bit late in the year to have a water ballooning though? So I hear that this lax thing you are doing is a pretty big deal. good luck getting in. Love you dude.

Dear Dad
   That was indeed a very classy way to open an email. Color me impressed. We don't do alot of proselyting around the falls because it's all tourists. I get that everyone needs the gospel but we need to teach peoploe who actually live here. Yay my car's fixed. Other than that the work is kind a slow around here. The economy is real bad in Niagara so everybody is moving to Alberta, But thats ok, cause we only want the elect anyway. Wheat and the tares and all that. Yes I do remember when it snowed for halloween that one year. It was cold. Luckily we knocked in to that one guy who had a heater and gave out hot chocolate. I love that guy. Love you dad.

Dear Mom
    So funny story. We had to come home for lunch early on friday because we had an appointment when we normally had lunch. We also had a major card war. That is when we through mormon.org cards at eachother. And we also were joked to by our district leader that the zone leaders were going to come and expect our apartment. So there we were sweaty with a living room COATED in passalong cards and our door gets knocked on. Panicked and terrified we answered the door to your friend who had the package. We had a bit of a deer in the head lights reaction. We said thank you but we weren't the most chatty. Please tell your friend that I am really grateful to her. I don't think I expressed my appreciation enough. Also, there were no contacts in the box. I was looking forward to those. Thank you for the care package though. It was delicious. What did Ryan get on the act? Was it 28? I got a 28. What did shelby get again? Anyway love you.

I love and miss you all.
See you in less than a year
Elder Erasmus


 Oct 20, 2014


Dear Family

This week has been very interesting. I got sick. It's some sort of flu cough monstrosity. Other than that, all's good. Probably the most spirity thing that happened this week actually happened with members not investigators. This one family has a son who doesn't have a testimony but is still active because his parents make him go. They invited us over to dinner and we shared the plan of salvation with them, bore our testimonies and invited the head of the home to pray. We popped up as soon as the prayer was done, but the rest of the family was bawling and sharing their testimonies. I guess they just needed a good p.o.s. talk. After we stood there awkwardly for a few minutes the mom pulled us into a hug. That is against the rules, so we felt all the more awkward.

Dear Nick  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!!!!!! So you got a hamster. Cool. When we were having dinner at a member's, their daughter brought out her pet hamster and let it run all over the table. Why can't you hold it? Is she sick or something? DID YOU GET A BABY HAMSTER? baby hamsters are so cute. they kind look like gummy bears, crunchy warm gummy bears... So you got smash bros on the 3ds. Do you know if the 3ds has the game sharing thing that the ds has? If so, you can all play it at the same time. Happy birthday bud. Love ya

Dear Dawson
  Pumpkin patches are the funnest thing in the world. If you don't like them it's because you suck at having fun. You need to accept that things are fun before you will enjoy them. If you go into any situation thinking it won't be enjoyable, then it is going to take alot more for you to actually enjoy it. It sounds like you had the week off from school. What cool and exciting things did you do to keep yourself entertained? I love you bro

Dear Ryan  
First off, It sounds like Nick got smash bros for his birthday. Let him play it(You don't even have your own 3ds) Secondly, MY car is in the shop. It's great that you got into the playoffs. Probably going to be the next state champs. What are you going to do for the day date for the Halloween dance? What has been the most interesting thing that has happened in you senior year thus far? How much do you weigh? Do you have any questions for me? Love you dude

 Dear Dad    
Sounds like Nick had a good birthday. And yes I do hit my year mark this year. That's exciting . . .That was weird. It sent half way through typing....Any way. My cooking has marginally increased, but I don't exactly have the time or resources to practice the culinary arts. A peanut butter sandwich is usually all I have time for. Not much else is new with me. Love you dad.

Dear Mom
 My address 5257 drmmond, Niagara falls in an apartment building in room 602. It would probably be easier for your friend to drop the package off there, but the package would definitely be safer at the mission office... which is two hours away. Tell dawson that trick or treating is something you should on to for as long as you can. Love you mom

Love You guys
Elder Erasmus

No comments:

Post a Comment