Monday, February 16, 2015

Catching up...Christmas in Canada...Party of 3...Still in Niagara Falls...Snow and more Snow

Feb 9, 2015

Dear Family

   Well, I'm still in Niagara. I guess six months in one area isn't TOO long...but it feels like it sometimes. I'm no longer in a tripanionship. Our Filipino has left us. He's going to London. That is the second companion that I have had here is going to London. Weird. We had another investigator come to church who wants to get baptized. We don't know when that will be, because he has a son that is a Mormon who might fly up from Utah to do it. We finally got invited to do something in the zone this week. Normally the st Davids area is so far away we can't come to anything that the zone does, but today we can. That means we have like an hour of driving. YAY!! We're kinda in a hurry today because of that. I'm still with Elder Warner and the work here is still good. The snow keeps falling and I still shiver. The church is still true and I still love all of you. Take care


Elder Erasmus



Feb 2, 2015

Dear Family

It is snowing today. It's been snowing a lot lately. Some of the members even told us that it will keep snowing all week because we're in the middle of some"perfect storm" or something. But what you gonna do? One super cool thing that happened, During church one of our investigators came up to us and asked if he could get baptized on March 8. We said yes. People don't usually ask if they can get baptized.That was fun. That's pretty much the week.

 Dear Nick
   How did you become so cool? I wish I could be as cool as you. How was dad being a goof? Did he come and lay on your bed when you are trying to sleep? He does that, you just have to get used to it. What is hyrule warriors? Is it fun? can you be a zora? I bet you're a zora. Love you bro.

 Dear Dawson
   How are things? Is drawing fun? how is high school? Have you made any friends? Is your nose straight? I hope your nose is straight. My week went splendidly. You should tell me how your week is next time. Love you bud

Dear Ryan   
Working hard or hardly working, am I right? How has your week been?Have you done anything exciting since school started up again? I bet you have had so many crazy adventures that you just don't have room enough to tell me. Yup, just not enough space. I hope you keep having a killer senior year. Love you dude

 Dear Dad    Are the tree houses ok? Those were really fun...I hope the family is ok too. Sounds like the super bowl truly was super. Who was the half time show and which commercial was the funniest? Details are always appreciated. I didn't even realize it was super bowl Sunday this year. Last year all the members were talking to me about it and we saw newspapaers about it everywhere. This year, nothing. Or maybe my mission veil has just got a bit too thick. Oh well. Love you dad and I'm always praying for you.

 Dear Mom
   So my grades weren't the best, but they weren't thaaaaat bad. I'm not sure what I want to do when I get home. I'll worry about that later. How long will it take for you to get a bachelors? Will you go in to managing? Does it pay more? I bet college will be really fun to go through twice.  I love you mom.

 I love and miss you all
Elder Erasmus


Jan 26, 2015

Dear Familia

    This week was a pretty average week as far as missionary work is concerned. One interesting thing that happened was the opportunity to go on exchanges with the zone leaders. Out of seven missionaries, guess how many can drive? Two. That messed with our original plans but we eventually sorted things out. Elder Canlas and I stayed in Niagara with Elder De paula while Elder Warner went to Hamilton. We planned on meeting a recent convert. She brought a friend so we actually had a new investigator.  In the mission biz, we call that a wolf  lesson. That is pretty much my week...Oh and we had a couple of investigators come to church. You have no idea how hard it is to have that happen

 Dear Nick
    Sounds like your basket ball team is doing ok. Keep up the good work. Judges has the best stories out of the entire old testament. How is school going? I bet you are an absolute champ there huh? Any ways, love you bro(I sent like ten pictures last time, give me a break.)

 Dear Dawson ;
  Wow. Rough week. Sorry to hear that. Eight hours of running? You are a beast.  Once when I was in scouts, we had to a 20 mile jog for a couple of hours. I was exhausted but had football practice that day. Think that might have been my second year but I'm not sure. I like to draw, so you'll probably have fun. Love you champ

Dear Ryan
    "Working like a mexican" That's racist. Hilarious, but racist. So how well does the job pay? Majora's mask sounds awesome you should totally do that. By the way, MORMONY?!? I'm a missionary. Mormony is literally the job description. Jeez bro. Still love you though

 Dear Dad
    Politics and stuff. That's why I didn't play much in high school.....That's my story and i'm sticking to it. How are things going for you? Is the leg ok? Hows work? I like to think I have matured at least a little in the past year. Thanks for all the support dad. Love ya

Dear Mom
    I don't know if he'll do well in Summit. The teachers there really care how you're doing. In high school, not so much. Keeping him in a bigger school will help him prepare for that. So how is school? Have you started that yet or are you waiting for the next semester or something? We might be in school around the same time. How weird would that be? Anyway love you mom

I love and miss you all Elder Erasmus



Jan 19, 2015










Dear Family

   Well we got to see an apostle this week. We were originally suppose to meet him at ten in the morning at Brampton. We went to Brampton and found out his plane got delayed till one fifteen. Not a lot you can do at Brampton as a missionaries. We managed not to get into too much trouble. Elder Oaks gave a really brief testimony to us because he was so late, but we got to sit in when he addressed the recent converts in the area. He told us that every member needed to develop some holy habits and righteous routines. Holy habits are things that every member needs to be spiritually healthy such as family prayer and scripture study while righteous routines are more personal such as staying away from areas where you will face temptations that are your vices. good stuff. You know when you can tell that you are an old missionary? ALL OF YOUR COMPANIONS ARE DEAD! At the conference I saw all of my companions that are still in the mission. Two of them. Every one else went home. And I am coming up on my sister mark. Yikes. ;

 Dear Nick
   Yay basketball. Getting rebounds was always the thing I was good at too. I think it just might be that I was taller than everyone else but I still did ok...I still like Niagara falls but I am getting kinda sick of the area. It's a good area but I need a change of scenery. Did you know James, John the revelator's brother, was also killed by decapitation. But my favorite story is about eglon and ehud. Eglon was evil so ehud cut the poop out of him. The more you know. Love you bro

 Dear Dawson
    English was always my favorite subject. You got a grade for reading! I'm sure something exciting happened this week. If nothing happened, make sure you make something happen. The adventures depend on you bro. Love you champ. Good luck with the try outs.

 Dear Ryan
    YOU GOT A JOB! Well you beat my record. Good job...Did you get the pun? Anyway. Sucks to be grounded. You know what I would do if I was grounded? Read The Book of Mormon. For two reasons. One, I'm a missionary and that is what missionaries do, and Two; brownie points. Hang in there dude and just remember to be awesome. Love ya

 Dear Dad
   I miss going in the hot tub soooo much. It's one of those little things you don't miss until it is gone. So are you going to Vegas? That sounds like fun. So was your knee totally replaced or did they just add more hardware to keep it in check? I love you dad and I have been praying for you.

Dear Mom
  We are working with a few people. Part- member families mostly. There is this fourteen year old named scooter who was denied baptism as a eight year old and now the only reason she doesn't want it is because of a vendetta she has against that bishop. Other than that its just your run of the mill investigators. School is fun. Do you just have to retake a nursing course or is there chance that my mom will be a doctor? I don't know if this helps but Joesph Smith taught that the best way to reprove some one was to be strong when needed but then to show an increase of love. I hope that helps. Love you mom.

 I love and miss you all
 Elder Erasmus 








Jan 12, 2015


Dear Family


    You may have been wondering how it is to work in a trio of missionaries. I tell you. Not a whole lot different than normal missionary work. The only real problem is that elder Warner and I end up in conversations about video games and stuff and Elder Canlas has no idea what we are talking about. It's not that he's Filipino or anything he just doesn't like the same things we like. When we try to include him he just ignores us. It is also a little awkward when we knock on doors. Three guys in suits usually doesn't go over well. Other than that, business as usual. We get to meet with Dallin h. Oaks this week. My own personal general conference...that I have to share with a couple hundred missionaries. Yay.

Dear Nick
     Tell them to stop touching your stuff. If that doesn't work, then just smile and lay on top of them until they smile too. Remember to smile. that's the important part. Sounds like you had a blast at California. trikes are fun. What is your main character in smash bros? What is an amiboo anyway? Love you champ

Dear Dawson
   Did you kick the butt in lacrosse? The Canadian schooling system is weird up here, so you could find seventeen year olds and fifteen year olds in the same grade. Weird right? Which teacher won't give you an A? The Games sound fun but don't get to excited. Because I am going to kick your butt in them when I get home. Love you buddy.

Dear Ryan
    Don't troll the doggy. I didn't even know Nintendo owned duck hunt. I would also definitely try out for the tennis team for two reasons. One, I've picked up a bit of tennis on my mission and it was a lot of fun, and two, According to my high school experience, The girls' tennis team is hott. Do it bro. I also can relate to you feeling alone. I've had a few companions I didn't really mesh well with and they are literally the only person you can talk to all day everyday. It sucks. But hang in there champ. Things always get better. Love you dude.

Dear Dad
   It sounds like the knee surgery was painful. A member here also had knee surgery a few months ago and she said it sucks. Has your tumor shrunk enough that they can cut it out yet? Disease and sickness suck. How has work been going? Have there been any new patients since the winter season? I'm praying for you dad love ya.

Dear Mom
   Really want to write a really long email to you but my companions are trying to herd me out like a sheep. We're going to Niagara falls has a district so you might get some pictures next week. A picture is worth a thousand words so technically my email last week was one of my longest. I love you mom but i have to go. Love ya mom

I love and miss you all

Elder Erasmus



Jan 5, 2015



December 29, 2014


Dear Family

 Well transfers were this Sunday. I'm still in Niagara falls. I'm still with Elder Canlas. But there is a twist. Elder Warner is going to be here too. That's right. Three missionaries for the price of two. I don't really get it either but president Clayton is inspired so no complaints. This week has been up and down. Up because we got to celebrate christmas. Down because other people got to celebrate Christmas. The holidays give people a good procrastination date so we didn't really get to meet with anyone besides a few members. Other than that not much happened this week. I did get to give a talk in sacrament meeting where I compared Oupa's, dad's , and my conversion to that of the sons of mosiah. It went over ok but I got a lot of the classic "There are white people in Africa?" response. Being different is fun

 Dear nick
   Are the bullets smart because they are made of form or did they go to grad school or something? I don't know what to talk to you about that hasn't been brought up since Thursday. Who is the main guy you play

Dear Dawson
   Have you gone to California yet? You were really excited about that when we talked. How many out of state tournaments do you get to go to on this team? Do you have to fight teams from every state and eventually the world until you stand unchallenged of lacrosse champions of the universe? Because that would be pretty cool. Love you dude.

Dear Ryan
    Hey bro. So how has the few weeks off been treating you? How is high school treating you? You are half way done with your senior year and four months away from adulthood. Scared? I just want you to know I have a lot of respect for you. You were always fun to be around. Even when we didn't see eye to eye....THIS LETTER IS WAY TOO MUSHY! How is smash bros? Did nick kick your butt? love you champ

 Dear Dad
  So how are the drugs treating you? You should watch gnomeo and juliet. I watched it on drugs and it was amazing. What inspired you to blow dry the snow anyway? I'm sure that the idea payed off in the end. Mission life has been going well. I'm praying for you dad. Love you.

 Dear Mom
    Christmas parties are fun. Are you also going to do a new years party this year, or does the lack of cousins mean it's just going to be a family event. It was great talking to you on Thursday. Not much happened between now and then so i guess this letter will be short too. Love you mom

 I love and miss you all
 Elder Erasmus


December 22, 2014

Dear Family
   
    This week has been quite the experience. We've been helping at a local soup kitchen. It has been fun working with all the people but you wold think that people would have more gratitude for free food, but it's still nice to help people. We were invited by one of the families to come and watch a Christmas cantata at another chapel. We were reluctant at first but then they told us there would be a tonne of their friends there that we could teach. There wasn't. Though we were disappointed we still enjoyed the presentation. They made it up to us by inviting us over to their house on christmas. We will be skyping at around twelve on Christmas. That's around 9 right? Not much else to say. If you have any questions, please save them for Thursday.

lots of love.

Elder Erasmus


Dec 15th, 2014

Inline image 1 
Dear Family

   Happy Christmas and stuff. This week has been fun. We had a zone conference on Thursday. We had to sleep at the district leader's apartment and head out early to miss a huge snow storm. We missed it going there, but the roads were so covered it took three times as long to get back. Oh Canada. We also had the ward Christmas party. You would think that they would have us out and about socializing and getting to know the non-member friends everyone brought. Nope. Working the kitchen. We did have a really cool experience though. Near the end we only had one piece of meat left and about thirteen people came in. Everyone was a little panicked so I started tearing the meat with the tongs trying to make as many tiny pieces as possible. We ended up putting a pretty decent sized piece on each plate. I don't know if It was a bread and fishes type miracle or I just found extra meat under the gravy. Either way it was pretty cool. Christmas is fun
.
 dear Nick   Vegas. Sounds exciting. Did you have fun watching Dawson's games? I bet they were in one of those big stadiums, uh? Did you find anything in the mall that you know Santa would like to get you? Not a big fan of malls. Mostly because whenever I go I see things I would love to use if I wasn't a missionary. The thing about the Christmas season, Everyone feels the spirit and totally wants to meet with you...after the new year. It pretty much just gives them a reason to delay our message. I enjoy it though. I love you buddy

Dear Dawson :  Undefeated, very nice. Did you get a sweet trophy? Did you take part in any of the fabulous food related fiascos, or were you merely a spectator? It sounds like you and your team get along well. Make any new best friends? Keep being awesome bro. Maybe we'll wrestle when I get back. that would be fun. Love ya dude.

Dear Ryan
    I have a mission for you. You need to secure me those games so that I can play them when I get back. I want you know that I love you and have the utmost respect for you, but you sound like a girl. You go shopping for clothes and complain about the cold weather in Vegas. I hope you don't go to Canada on your mission or your "allergy" would really give you a problem. Sounds like your social life is really pumping though. Make the most of your high school experience. you only have three years. Love ya dawg ;

 Dear Dad  
Why was the hotel so bad? Did the team pick it out or something? I'm sorry that the other boys aren't the peace maker I was. I guess I'm just special. When you say total knee surgery, do you mean you are going to get a robot knee? Because that would be really cool. I'll be praying for you regardless. What is wrong with your knee? are the screws shifting or something? I hope it's nothing too serious. I love you dad.

Dear Mom
    My favorite memory with Grandmother and papa Joe is that one time we went and celebrated both Christmas and new years a t their place. We had silly string and tattoos and all sorts of fun. I remember throwing a blanket over the loft and the four oldest grandchildren stayed up all night making fun of slipper and the rose. Shelby likes it though. Good times. I miss temple square. Like four families from the ward here have gone this year to see the lights and the other families always ask me about stuff back home because I'm the Utahan Mormon. Always at least one. But ti guess the spirit makes the lights just seem prettier. I'll try to get the gift as soon as i can. I love you mom. you know I'm always praying for my family.

 I love and miss you all.
 Elder Erasmus

No comments:

Post a Comment